Friday, June 05, 2009

Outraged - AGAIN

The American television did it again. The French Open men's semis are not being telecast live on any channels - NONE!! Why? I do not know - a) Days of our lives , Dr. Phil and Ellen are more important , b) no American is left in the French Open draw, c) the Americans don't care about the French d) all of the above. In this day and age in a country like the United States, I had to rely on searching on the net for a live feed. More such outrageousness of the past here and here. Wonder, if I will ever get to see international sporting events live before I die or leave the United States?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

all sports channels are commercial channels. don't they look at viewership/advertisement revenue/profit first?don't think they look at any of these events with emotions. I remember ABC removing monday noight football even though it was very popular but profit margin was very thin. So they transferred it to pay-channel ESPN now. That way they are at least fair I guess.